Spanish Property predictions 2019
Check back next year to see how many come true.
1. Stronger sales in Murcia province due to the opening of Corvera airport.
2. Stronger sales in Valencia city as people look beyond Madrid and Barcelona.
3. Brexit – UK reaches a EFTA deal agreement and a reciprocal healthcare deal with Spain. Spanish property market gets a boast from increased sales to Brits. I expect this to be on the table by early Feb.
4. Euro – on the back of the EFTA Brexit deal, GBP rises to between 1.2 and 1.3
5. Property sales commissions continue their downward trend as fixed fee and low commission agents increase their market share. This makes income from cross selling opportunities such as currency, insurance, security systems and intelligent home systems even more important.
6. An inter-annual property price increase 5 – 7% on average across the country. With prices rising above average in areas of interest to international buyers and investors.
7. Banks struggling to shift very low quality properties even at heavily discounted prices. Indicating that some areas of some cities should be demolished to make way for redevelopment.
8. The city of Cartagena, Murcia will see increased investment in people buying up properties in the old town and tourism will increase, due to more cruise ships stopping there in 2019.
9. Property sales volume will increase YOY by 4 – 7%
10. Property buyers move to mobile increases. Clients get ever more tech savvy and the need for Estate agents to move with the times increases.
11. Negotiation margin to drop. Vendors less willing to accept lower offers.
12. Collaboration between agents increases. More agencies waking up to collaboration.
837 total views, 2 views today